Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It makes me sick


With my boy in and out of hospital with breathing problems, this article I read this morning made me sick.

$18,000 for sick toddler stolen @ninemsn.

Allegedy, $18,000 was stolen from a charity night dinner where the funds were going towards a sick Sydney toddler with leukemia.  The person who allegedly stole it seems to be one of the people organising the night.

Disgusting.

I look at the picture of the young girl and see my own boy in her eyes.  She looks so sad.

I look at the parents and feel for them.

How can anyone be so desperate for money to steal from a sick child with a devestating illness?  Are they souless or are they just so strapped for cash they exist outside of reality?

This article just saddened me.  When you relate your own stories to others, you just feel for them so much more.

Luckily, my boy is no where near as ill as this young girl, but I wish their family all the best in their trying time that has been made even worse.

My heart goes out to them.

- tork