Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Help me win the Lotto!


Go with me on this... I need your help!

See, I'd love to be a millionaire (derr) and I've always been intrigued by the idea that problems can be solved in numbers.

What does that mean? Two different things actually. The Crowd and The Numbers.

The Crowd


The crowd is you. My readers.

So my problem is I'm not a millionaire ;-)  A problem winning the lotto would fix!

With a problem solved better with two heads, a few hundred heads such as you guys is even better! Different backgrounds, different knowledge, different answers.

The Numbers


Argh! Those terrible numbers.

I'm a stats man. Love my stats. One of my only great abilities is to recall mobile numbers with ease. But numbers are no good when you don't have the right ones! Damn me always picking terrible numbers..

The Problem


By now you may have figured out what I'm talking about. I need your help picking numbers in x-lotto to help make me a millionaire... WOO!

I'm allowed to dream aren't I? :-)  Being the sole wage earner is a tough gig!


But what the crap am I talking about?

Well, like I said earlier, I've been intriugued about the power of the crowd. That any problem can be solved in numbers. So that being said, surely if a whole bunch of people pick a whole bunch of numbers, we can solve the problem of picking wrong numbers by picking the right ones!

So I need as many people as possible to give me a number between 1 and 45 inclusive. This number must be a number that you insist will be drawn in the lotto. A number that you are 100% sure will make the grade.

Don't read any of the other comments.  Pick a number you think will definitely be drawn.

I will tally all these numbers, do some fancy Tork tricks with them, and buy a x-lotto ticket in Tuesday's $70 million Oz Lotto Jackpot.

I Hope You'll Help Me Out


Hopefully you'll do something silly like give me a number between 1 and 45 inclusive in the comments below. I've always wanted to try this and I've always wanted to be a rich fat bastard instead of a poor semi-fat bastard.

I know it's not going to help you become a millionaire, but it feeds my nerdy, maths boy, hidden inside me. You don't want that nerdy little boy to go hungry now, do you? :-)

Check out this video to see why this idea always had me thinking. I know it's an illusion, but I hope it helps to make you comment! It would be amazing if it actually works!

Thanks for commenting!

- tork