Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dad and Son Things I Love


I'm having a ball being a dad.

My son turned one a while back and every day is just something new.

He gets bigger and bigger, trys out new babble words day by day.

One day I was walking out the room and instead of him just random talking, he said "Dad?".  As if, "Where are you going Dad and why aren't you sitting here and playing with me?!".  I can remember too, I said his name when he was first starting to speak.  He replied "What!"

It still freaks me out to this day..


But I love being a dad.

Now that it's winter, the poor chap gets a bit chilly at night.  Sometimes he has a cry if he gets out of his blanket...

BAM! *it's daddy time*

Down I go to pick him up for a cuddle.  The only thing that lights up the room is a night light on the baby monitor.  It's so dark, all I can make out is a baby boy that has stopped crying in my arms, looking back at me with the biggest grin on his face ever.

Ahhh, Dad is here to make me feel better :-)

That night time smile is just a different view of my son.  A massive smile seen in a different way.  I love it. All I can see is his massive eyes and massive grin.

Any smile I get makes me as happy as a pig in mud on a mud planet.

Some parents might complain when baby cries during the night, but I love it.  Well, you know what I mean.  Not the crying, but the reassurance hugs from his dad. Even though I might zombie walk down my corridor to my boy's cot, half asleep and tripping over toys, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Just a little dad joy that I thought I might share with you.

- tork