Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fun at Target in the Back to School Sales


My boy might not yet be old enough for school, but that doesn't mean I don't know when to grab a few bargains!  So I visited Target to hunt down some deals.

You might be surprised that a guy knows how to spot a bargain.  Well, when you have a wife like mine, any chance to save a few dollars is the work of a smart man!

So it's back to school for all the kiddies.  I'm certain loads of parents are happy to see their kids off to school.  With my boy not even two yet, we relish the extra time that we get with him being at home.

Sure, there's no need for the deals that Target give for school books, school shoes etc.  But the bargain bins go NUTS this time of year!

Here's a couple of sweet finds.

Bargain Books


I grabbed this great book from a bargain bin.  For only $3, that is money well spent.  I'm after number books at the moment, with the lad learning to count, I want as many good number books as I can find.  This one is simple and spells the numbers out as well.  Great find!


Superslide 123 - $3


Improving Your Memory for Dummies.   Hmmm. can't remember why I bought that.

But for a $1 maybe the book can help me remember! hehehehe


Improving Your Memory for Dummies - $1


Crayons



I was on a mission to grab some crayons for my little guy.  He's never used crayons, only chalk on a blackboard.  Really want him to start drawing a little bit better.  We've had to be watchful over him with chalk & felt pens because he's too fond on sucking or eating them.  There's that worry in the back of our minds of choking hazards, so he hasn't drawn as much as I'd like.  Crayons that are non-toxic and easy to wash off walls & clothes is important, so I found these good ones to get him started on.  Got to get him up to speed for when he does go to school!


Crayola Large Washable Crayons - $4.80


Kitchenware



We've wanted a little helping hand in the kitchen.  Food processors have been high on the "want" list for a little while now.  I found this nifty gadget that looks like it will seal the deal!  The Tefal Fresh Express slices, grates and finely grates your foods for you.  And because I've forgotten to get a crayon sharpener, I think it will also come in handy for that too!  haha!

But I am looking forward to making a few pasta dishes I've had in mind.  Now I have something that will finely process foods for me, I can give them a crack. Yippee!


Tefal Fresh Express - $69


Men's Fashion



Well look at me.  Who would have thunk it.  Me talking about fashion.  Sure it's not vajazzled or anything (must look that word up for what it means..) but they're fine with me!  Love a good tee. Target always have nicely priced men's t-shirts, with plenty of bargain racks to sort through.  I always look forward to putting on a new shirt after buying it!


Playstation T-Shirt - $12.88
Dingo Records T-Shirt - $17



Well, there's just a few examples of my latest visit to Target.  Don't forget there are plenty of Back to School bargains, plus plenty of other bargains to check out.

Tell me about your best bargain find!  Love hearing those stories..

- tork