Sunday, May 19, 2013

Shannan Weight Loss Challenge - Week 6


Whoop! 82kgs. Ohh yeah, dropped myself 1 kilo!

I don't know how I did that.  Bagged myself a weight loss this week and even after my wife decided to bring home a dirty, nasty pizza for tea one night!

Not too bad, even if I do say so myself.

Shannan recently posted this on his facebook page:

To lose 1 kg you need to burn 7000 calories. On my Challenge, we attack this from two sides:

  1. a delicious 1200-calorie menu plan and,
  2. a 600-calorie a day exercise plan.


The weight loss potential is enormous. In 8 weeks, members lose everything from those pesky last 5 kg to a life-changing 25 kg. Join us!

Well, I've got rid of 5 kilos!  But it's been a mental 6 weeks.  I've definitely learnt more about how calorie counting is important.

I've also learnt that exercise can be easy.  Putting extra effort in when playing with the kid, taking extra walks or doing that extra bit of housework around the place (even if the wife doesn't think I do that hehehe).

The menu plan is definitely hard to follow at first, but it gets easier.  The exercising is tough, but it gets easier.

I didn't think I'd manage to get off my backside and keep losing the kay-gees, but it's not too hard once you know what you're doing.

So take that longer walk guys!  Choose the low-fat or diet options.  Take it from this guy over here, who laughed at people saying that sort of thing. Every little change like that helps.

Get off on the earlier bus stop on the way to work.  No rush in getting to work later! hehehe

etcetera, etcetera..

For your extra help, Shannan's next 8 week challenge starts again soon and he's offering an early bird package that saves you $50 if you are keen.

Check it out if you're needy for that extra push on your weight loss.  After my 6 weeks, I recommend it.

Thanks to my wife too for not allowing me KFC tonight.  I wanted it as badly as Michelle Bridges wants Commando.

That's right.. I read that juicy bit of gossip in the supermarket...

Anyway, onto another week!  Wish me luck.

- tork