This is a guest post from Pure Performance Motorsport, one of the leading manufacturers of connecting rods for high performance engines.
Aussies love their motorsports and as a country, we’ve produced some of the world’s finest racers as well as technologies. For example, companies such as Pure Performance Motorsport in Victoria, have become world famous for their forged pistons, along with H & I beam connecting rods. If you want to see these drivers and home-grown technologies at their best, get along to any one of the top five Australian Motorsport Events in 2014, including:
1. Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix
2. V8 SupercarsMarch, April, May, June, November, December – various locations Drawing crowds of up to 250,000, the V8 Supercars is a touring car race with events in all states. Based on the two most popular passenger cars in Australia; the Holden Commodore and the Ford Falcon, the V8 Supercars do battle in Darwin, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Launceston, the Gold Coast, Bathurst and Phillip Island, Victoria. Each race offers a family-friendly, festival atmosphere. The series finale is held over three days at Sydney’s Olympic Park, a challenging, champion-designed course that puts the world’s best to the test.
3. Australasian SafariSeptember - Regional Western Australia Covering more than 4,000km of some of the country’s toughest terrain, the Australasian Safari runs for seven days and stretches from Perth to Kalgoorlie. Set in Western Australia’s outback, this endurance race pushes even the most gutsy 4WDs, motorbikes and quad bikes to their limits. A great feature of this event is that spectators get the opportunity to follow parts of the course on your very own motorbike or 4WD!
4. Australian Motorcycle Grand PrixOctober: Phillip Island, Victoria As one of Australia’s top three motorsport events, the MotoGP is an unforgettable experience. Bike enthusiasts from all walks of life converge on Phillip Island to enjoy this world-class racing event and the nation’s key bike race event of the year. The Island’s circuit is one of the most unique and exciting racing tracks in the world, offering stunning panoramic ocean views and superb spectator viewing across the whole course.
5. V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000October: Bathurst, NSW This punishing 1,000 km endurance track race held at Bathurst’s Mount Panorama is the jewel of the Australian motorsports industry. For over 50 years, the world’s best have battled to take out the prestigious ‘King of the Mountain’ title. As one of Australia’s most renowned sporting events, you’ll be joining motorsport sport fans from around the world for a huge programme of awesome entertainment, both on and off the track.
Love motorsports? Planning your next holidays? Make sure you get yourself to one of Australia’s premier motorsport events this year and live, breath, eat motor racing!