Monday, August 29, 2011

6 Blogs That Interest Me


Is it only bloggers that read other blogs?  I hope not.  We may be leaning towards a way of blogging life that all our readers are bloggers themselves.

I hope not.  I hope that there is enough interest and entertainment to be found by those that don't blog.  So, it got me thinking.

Why not make a list of blogs that I find the most intriguing.  That I find inspiring.

I am putting myself in the eyes of a non-blogger and making a list.  I'm sure to upset a few bloggy friends with this, so I hope you understand of you're one of them!

In no particular order, here are a few blogs that inspire me to visit:

Random Ramblings of a Stay at Home Mum

It takes great strength to lose the love of your life.  When Lori lost her husband, she kept on writing.  She writes and you want to read.  Although I don't often visit, I know her story.  I know her story through all her friends that posted well wishes for her.

If I were a non-blogger, I would keep coming back to catch up, to read and to feed from her amazing strength and heartfelt story.  I wish her all the best for her and her family..

Extra Large as Life

Natalie is a sweetheart.  She puts herself out there via her blog.

Now, I'm not into fashion and all that jazz, but some of the photos she puts up are great. Certainly she makes you think about image.  She's empowering to put herself out there and give you confidence.  I wish I could put my self out for the world to see as she does.

If I weren't a blogger, I'd still pop in and see she's got going on.  Always got something interesting going on.

Living with Food Allergies and Celiac Disease

Mary has a blog all about her daughter, diagnosed with food allergies and Celiac disease.  This is a site that wouldn't necessarily interest me, as it discusses preparing foods for those with allergies.  But, she's much more than that.

She lets you into her family's life, her daughter's life.  The good times and the bad.  I can relate with my boy's health issues.  If I weren't a blogger, I'd still go and visit.  She's just too nice not to say hey to every once and a while. :-)  And I wish her and her family all the best.

One day I might even try making one of her dishes...!

Concept Ships

Are you kidding me?  These are some of the most amazing sci-fi pictures I have ever seen.  Simply amazing.

I stumbled across this site even before I was a blogger.  It is fantastic seeing all these original pictures of spacecraft.  It inspires me to live for thousands of years so I might one day see some of them.  Now to just find that dang fountain of youth.

Today I Found Out

Today I Found Out that the popsicle was invented by an 11 year old!  This blog teaches you odd things that you otherwise might not have known.  Strange things.  I love this sort of crap :-)

Recently I learnt that around 400 years ago there was a weapon that appeared between the invention of the cannon and the firearm.  It was a hand cannon.  How awesome is that!  Well, I think it is.  Learning little trinkets of info like this is something I find exciting.  Not so much an inspiring blog, but my thirst for these trinkets every now and then gets me going!

Worth1000

I want to try and be more creative.  Worth1000 is all about creativity.  A place I really should visit more often whenever I think I am out of ideas for anything, blogging or not blogging.  Awesome photos, awesome ideas, awesome site.


Well, there you have it.  A list of blogs, all different in their own ways.  All inspiring in their own ways.  Perhaps a few new ones that you never even heard of!

- tork