Friday, March 18, 2011

My biggest blogging mistake in my first 3 months


Share









This is a follow on from Need blogging advice? I'll tell you what I've learnt.

The biggest mistake I've made so far is thinking that I am the bees knees.  Thinking that I am top dog.  Having the nerve to think that I can just jump into this blogging game and maybe make a few dollars out of Google's Adsense program.

I wanted to make a extra bit of dollars after my normal working hours to provide for my soon to be born firstborn. Living on one salary and providing for three is going to be tough!  But simply just typing out a bunch of posts that really have no depth to them, hoping they might get google hits or something like that, it just doesn't work.

You need to inspire your readers, teach your readers.

My first step towards a post should have been:

DON'T write a post just to try to gain traffic and cash

DO write a post that has warmth as well as teaches

I am no where near the experienced blogger, but I sure as hell know what does and doesn't work. I've wasted time thinking solely of traffic without learning first. What I can advise is follow experienced blogs, people that can help you along the way. Take your time with your posts and give a little love in what you do!  This is what I am trying to turn around with my own posts.

"If you build it, they will come".  Building a foundation on mud won't stick forever.  Building a foundation with quality and strong support holds much much better.  And it keeps the rain out :-)

So, read, listen and learn, my first bit of advice for new bloggers.

What is your biggest blogging mistake?


- tork