Thursday, May 5, 2011

I've cracked the 10,000 barrier


Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone.

Yesterday I cracked the 10,000 pageviews mark on this blog.  Hurrah!

A pageview is whenever anyone or anything views a single page, so one person can technically visit 100 pages if they wanted.

Even though a lot of these views are more than likely my own (I estimate perhaps 5,000), I still wanted to thank a few sources.

Firstly, I want to thank you.  You reading this right now.  You're awesome, even if you're only here for ten seconds :-)

Next I want to thank anyone that has linked to my blog.  I appreciate the time you've taken to do so greatly!  Thanks for adding my badges to your site.

Next, I want to thank Melissa Doyle.  Strange hey?  Well, she retweeted my most popular post What Mummy Does for Work. It has just clicked over at 2,100 views, with over 100 Facebook shares and 55 tweets.  Thanks Mel, even though having a famous Australian TV Host tweet your site doesn't bring you followers, it still made my day and still does.


Next I want to thank the site reddit.com.  If used properly, I can get 200 hits in an hour.  The site can be awesome, but I can be spammy on it.

Thanks to Google for about 15 folks a day hitting my page.  I'd like to get a few more, but I appreciate the trickle!


Thank you to anyone that has hit Follow, Subscribe, has Facebook friended me or followed me on Twitter.  I am having loads of fun and you guys make it worthwhile.


I would also like to thank the Academy.  You like me, you really, really like me.


*ahem*


Enough thanks from me for now, until hopefully my next milestone..


Cheers!


- tork